Clinical Nutrition, when necessary integrates multidisciplinary teams from different departments, working in complementarity with their respective physicians, in order to contribute to an individualized response for each patient.
At Instituto Português Face, this department emerges in order to monitor and treat the following situations:
• Weight decrease;
• Weight gain;
• Decrease of the immune system in the postoperative period;
• Incorrect diet associated with various pathologies, such as some chronic diseases (eg type 2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease);
• Food allergies and intolerances;
• Energy and nutritional deficits;
• Celiac disease;
• Nutritional support in vegetarian food or other food restrictions.